For help and hope 24/7, call 1-877-8-HOPENY(467369) or
text HOPENY (467369). Toll-free and confidential.
- The New York State HOPEline is funded by the Office of Addiction Services and Supports.
- The HOPEline is available 24/7/365
- The HOPEline is staffed by specially trained and supervised mental health professionals with training in addiction and people with lived addiction experience or peer advocates that are available at the request of the caller.
- Individuals may call or text the HOPEline to receive free and confidential information about Addiction and problem gambling assessments, interventions, treatment and support in New York State.
- HOPEline provides Crisis Intervention Support, including de-escalation and collaboration to connect to 911.
- HOPEline staff utilize the OASAS Resource Map Tool, to provide callers with a wide range of referral sources.
- Staff can collaborate with callers to locate resources that are most accessible to them using factors such as distance, hours of service, and different payment options. This includes Information and referrals to:
- The full continuum (outpatient, inpatient, and residential) of OASAS-certified addiction and problem gambling treatment programs in New York State
- Harm reduction supports
- Connection to the seven regional Problem Gambling Resource Centers (PGRC)
- Recovery supports
- Family navigators
- Peer Engagement Specialists
- Family Support Navigators
- Youth Clubhouses
- Open Access Centers
- The HOPEline provides callers with access to bilingual staff to provide services in English and Spanish (as well as Bengali, Traditional Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Korean, and Russian). Staff also have access to real-time interpreter services to meet the needs of callers who speak any of 170+ other languages.
- For out-of-state callers, HOPEline counselors utilize the SAMHSA database, which holds approximately 3,500 mental health, substance use and social service providers in New York City.
Terms and Conditions
Modification of the Terms, Conditions and Privacy Statement
Nature and Use of Information Provided through This Service
Your participation in HOPEline SMS texting does not constitute mental health care or treatment and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship, a therapist-patient relationship or any other sort of confidential relationship. This service is not a substitute for professional health care. If you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
OASAS, Vibrant Emotional Health and any of its employees, volunteers or agents are not responsible for any decisions, or results of the decisions that you make while, as a result of, or after participating in HOPEline SMS texting. This includes whether you choose to seek or not seek professional care, or to modify or terminate specific treatment that you are currently receiving based on the information provided by this service. You assume all risk for use of this service. OASAS, Vibrant Emotional Health and any of its employees, volunteers, or agents have no liability for actions taken by you or a third party, or not taken by you or a third party, and you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for damages arising out of the information provided through this service. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event shall OASAS or Vibrant Emotional Health be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages. This service is provided by Vibrant Emotional Health on an “as is” basis and “as available” basis.
Privacy and Security