Addiction treatment and recovery services continue to be available during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you need to talk or are worried that you will go into withdrawal or relapse, OASAS-certified or funded providers across New York State are available via phone/video or from a safe distance in person.
24/7 help with addiction, substance use, and gambling
Call 877-846-7369 | Text HOPENY (467369)
NYS Emotional Support Hotline
|NYS Behavioral Health Ombudsman (CHAMP)
Insurance questions/concerns related to accessing behavioral health services
Call 888-614-5400 | [email protected]
|NYS Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline
Need safe shelter during and after the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Tips and resources for connecting with children, teens, and young adults
Parents and caregivers are the single biggest influence in a child's life. Stay connected while staying home and learn how to foster open and honest communication that can help prevent risky behaviors like alcohol/substance use or gambling later in life.
- Many OASAS prevention providers and community coalitions have been authorized to provide telepractice services via phone/video:
- Find a Prevention Provider- funded prevention providers deliver a wide range of services including evidence-based education programs, traditionally in community-based settings like schools.
- Find a community coalition- Coalitions are grassroots organizations that operate locally to promote addiction prevention. Any Prevention Resource Center can help you start or find a community coalition.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, OASAS has waived certain regulatory requirements for providing telepractice services in New York for the duration of the declared state of emergency. Inpatient, residential and opioid treatment programs have been armed with clinical guidance and updated protocols and are ready to serve you from a safe distance in person.
- Personalized screening and assessments are available via telepractice. Locate an outpatient provider in your area who can conduct an assessment over the phone and make a referral for the appropriate level of care and type of treatment.
- Get started on medication-assisted treatment 1at home via telepractice. Contact a provider in your catchment area to begin buprenorphine induction at home.
- Search all programs or use the Find Addiction Treatment Dashboard to find all options near you including OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers, opioid treatment programs, inpatient and residential programs that have remained open and are ready to serve you from a safe distance.
- The HOPEline is available 24/7 and can provide referrals to assessment and treatment providers.
- Find a Recovery Center- Recovery services including peer and family services are also available via telehealth. Recovery Centers promote long-term recovery through skill-building, recreation, employment readiness and the opportunity to connect with recovery services and supports.
- Our partners at Friends of Recovery (FOR-NY) have compiled a list of online recovery mutual aid support groups.