This training will address cultural competence and its impact on working with clients from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
The objectives are:
- To provide participants with the opportunity to explore their own implicit biases, power, and privilege.
- To build specific professional skills in the areas of cultural competence and health literacy
- To expand an individual’s knowledge and competence to work effectively in a multicultural environment
This training meets established standards for 18 hours of OASAS education and training toward the
- OASAS Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC Renewal only)
- OASAS Credentialed Prevention Professional/Credentialed Prevention Specialist (CPP/CPS Initial Section 1 and Renewal)
- Social Work CEUs available
Who Should Attend
Addiction prevention professionals, addiction treatment professionals, addiction recovery professionals, and mental health professionals.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the registration application via fax, email or mail by March 16, 2020.
Training flyer, event contact and additional information for Cultural Competence: a Journey to Improved Outcomes.