This training will address traumatic loss and its impact on the behavioral health workforce, including; overdose and suicide statistics, risk factors, and risk management measures, prevention and postvention protocols, grief and loss, vicarious traumatization and burnout, and clinician self-care.
The objectives are:
- To increase understanding and awareness of the impact of suicide and overdose on clients, families, and behavioral health staff.
- To list responses to risk factors for clinicians and clients. Describe and apply prevention and post-vention protocols.
- To learn to respond to vicarious traumatization and burnout individually, and as a clinician.
- To provide and list strategies and resources for counselor self-care.
This training meets established standards for eight (8) hours of OASAS education and training credit toward:
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), Renewal only
- Credentialed Prevention Professional/Credentialed Prevention Specialist (CPP/ CPS), Initial Section 1, and Renewal
- Social Work CEU's
Who Should Attend
Addiction Treatment Professionals/Prevention Professionals, Mental Health Professionals and Recovery Professionals.
How to Apply
Complete the application and FAX or email to the OASAS Learning and Development Unit by October 11, 2021.