The Richard C. Ward Addiction Treatment Center is a 48-bed inpatient rehabilitation program providing treatment to adults identifying as female. We treat Substance Use Disorders (SUDs) and Problem Gambling while addressing the medical and psychiatric needs of our patients. All admissions are voluntary without regard to race, creed, national origin, sexual preference or ability to pay.
We provide treatment to all New York State residents. We are located in Orange County, NY which borders the following counties: Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan.
Our treatment is individualized and based on each person’s unique needs and goals. The following evidence-based treatment and approaches are utilized:
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Anger Management
- Interactive Journaling
- Healing Trauma
Additionally, we offer a variety of Medication Assisted Treatments (MATs) – Buprenorphine (Suboxone), Vivitrol, and Naltrexone, along with other medications to assist in the withdrawal process. To aid in nicotine withdrawal, we officer various Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRTs).
Treatment is provided in both individual and group formats. Educational workshops and recreation are offered, along with access to self-help groups.
1) The individual appears to be in need of inpatient chemical dependency services and in need of a higher level of care.
2) The individual is unable to participate in or comply with treatment outside of a 24-hour structured treatment setting based on one or more of the following:
- a living environment not conducive to recovery;
- physical or mental complications and co-morbidities requiring medical management;
- a lack of judgment, insights, and motivation such as to require 24-hour supervision;
3) Individual must reside in one of the counties served by the addiction treatment center.
4) The individual must be at least 18. Under special circumstances, a person under 18 may be admitted. Please contact the addiction treatment center for details.
5) Fees based on Individual's ability to pay (No individuals denied access based on inability to pay).
6) Final admission decisions are always made by the Medical Director in compliance with utilization review standards.