Dick Van Dyke is a 30-bed treatment facility specializing in the treatment of both men and women. Treatment services include group and individual therapy, didactic lectures and presentations which are used as a "teaching mechanism" so patients can learn more of the recovery skills needed to continue with abstinence and recovery. Services provided address the basic health care needs of each patient while addressing the specific physical, psychological and social symptoms associated with psychoactive substance abuse.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Gender-specific treatment
- Group and individual therapy
- Co-occurring mental health disorders and addictions
The Van Dyke Addiction Treatment Center subscribes to the person-centered approach to treatment and provides individualized treatment within a healthcare context, recognizing that addiction is a treatable illness. Family members and friends who are supportive of the recovery process are encouraged to be actively involved with the treatment experience.
Gender-specific programs for men and women allow for treatment to be tailored to the needs of each gender. Treatment of male patients tends to focus on issues of hostility and resentment toward authority and excessive self-reliance to the neglect of support-seeking. For women patients, the focus tends to be on issues of poor self-esteem and dependency on abusive relationships.
1) The individual appears to be in need of inpatient chemical dependency services and in need of a higher level of care.
2) The individual is unable to participate in or comply with treatment outside of a 24-hour structured treatment setting based on one or more of the following:
- a living environment not conducive to recovery;
- physical or mental complications and co-morbidities requiring medical management;
- a lack of judgment, insights, and motivation such as to require 24-hour supervision;
3) Individual must reside in one of the counties served by the addiction treatment center.
4) The individual must be at least 18. Under special circumstances, a person under 18 may be admitted. Please contact the addiction treatment center for details.
5) Fees based on Individual's ability to pay (No individuals denied access based on inability to pay).
6) Final admission decisions are always made by the medical director in compliance with utilization review standards.