All covered providers must report serious reportable incidents (“significant incidents”) via a Justice Center Hotline (1-855-373-2122). The Justice Center will maintain a central registry for reports of abuse and neglect and other significant incidents involving covered OASAS service providers.
- Custodians may submit incident reports via an Incident Web Form
- Providers must also continue to maintain internal records of all incidents related to their program activities pursuant to Part 836.
- Providers should immediately notify their Field Office Program Manager of any reports submitted to the Justice Center.
- OASAS will receive notification from the Justice Center of all reports submitted and updates of any incidents investigated by the Justice Center.
All Covered providers must report deaths of a person receiving services while in a program facility via a Justice Center Hotline (1-855-373-2124). Residential service providers must also report deaths of a person who was discharged within 30 days of death to the same hotline number.
- Notification shall be made immediately upon discovery and shall be followed within 5 days by submission of a Justice Center approved form.
- Deaths of a non-patient related to service program should be reported as a significant incident via the Justice Center VPCR Hotline (1-855-373-2122).
- All providers will be required to secure consent from service recipients of all ages to permit the Justice Center to comply with their investigative obligations.
- OASAS will enter into an agreement with the Justice Center to share permissible information.
- OASAS has provided a mandatory Consent Form (TRS-AN) to be used by all covered providers or providers may execute a Qualified Service Organization Agreement (QSOA) with the Justice Center. The QSOA is an alternative method for the disclosure of patient-identifying information which does not require a program to obtain individual patient consent forms.
Consent to disclose information in relation to incidents of abuse and/or neglect.