Through Opioid Settlement Funds, the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS), is seeking applications for the development and implementation of Comprehensive Low Threshold Buprenorphine Services in New York State (NYS) as part of a comprehensive approach to reduce the trend of fatal overdoses throughout New York. The purpose of this proposal is to increase access to person centered comprehensive substance use disorder treatment and Medication for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) services.
$7,500,000 is currently available to support Comprehensive Low-Threshold Buprenorphine Programs through a maximum of 15 awards; each award may be up to $500,000; an additional two years of funding may be provided as available. OASAS seeks to award at least one program in each of the 10 Empire State Development (ESD) Region. Through Comprehensive Low-Threshold Buprenorphine Programs, individuals will be offered same day, immediate enrollment in buprenorphine treatment and care management services.
Eligible applicants are a non-profit or governmental entity providers that meet one of the following criteria:
- Voluntary agencies that operate OASAS-certified, funded, or otherwise authorized SUD treatment programs;
- Voluntary agencies that operate OMH-licensed mental health services programs;
- Syringe Services Programs (SSP);
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC).
In addition, Eligible applicants must meet all of the following:
- Applicant must have a NYS licensed provider (APN, MD/DO, PA)
- Must have a federal DEA registration.
February 22, 2023, 5:00 PM
View RFA and Supporting Documents
Submit complete applications to [email protected]
Subject: RFA - OASAS SETT-23001, “Provider Name”