The New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to identify an academic institution with which OASAS will partner to expand and enhance the monitoring and evaluation of the substance use and addiction service and treatment programs and initiatives supported by Opioid Settlement Funds (OSF) made available through OASAS.
The academic institution with which OASAS seeks to partner should have extensive experience and expertise in the substance use disorder (SUD) treatment system for opioid use disorder. Further, extensive experience in the monitoring and evaluating of research initiatives that examine healthcare delivery systems and services for substance use and SUD, and other addictive disorders. The academic institution is expected to have a strong track record of productive collaborations with government entities particularly in government data stewardship in the context of collaborative projects that aim to evaluate both program and patient outcomes, and to inform improvements in SUD care delivery overall.
OASAS seeks to make one award for up to $300,000 per year for 3 years.
Eligible Bidders are Accredited Institutions of Postgraduate Education recognized by the United States Department of Education that:
• Are Public/State Controlled Institutions or Private Not-for-Profit Institutions and
• Have a homebase campus in New York State and
• Are accredited to award doctoral degrees, including MDs, in public health, medicine, nursing, or a related discipline.
Proposals Due (Amended)
March 1, 2024
RFP and Supporting Documents
Attachments Required at Bid Submittal
- Attachment 2 - Budget
- Attachment 3 - Conflict of Interest Form
- Attachment 4 - Non-Collusive Bidding Certification
- Attachment 5 - Bidder's Certified Statements
- Attachment 6 - Diversity Practices Questionnaire
- Attachment 7 - EO 177
- Attachment 8 - EO 16
- Attachment 9 - Sexual Harassment Certification
- Attachment 12 - Affirmation pursuant to SFL State Finance Law §139-j-k
Appendixes for Informational Purposes
- Appendix A - Standard Clauses for New York State Contracts
- Appendix B - Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Participation
- Appendix C - Checklist of Submission Requirements
- Appendix E - Sample Budget
Attachments Required Before Contract Execution
- Attachment III - Participation by Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises: Policies and Procedures
- Attachment IV - Encouraging Use of NYS Businesses in Contract Performance
- Attachment V - Qualified Service Organization/Business Associate Agreement
- Attachment VI - Consultant Disclosure legislation pursuant to Chapter 10 of the Law of 2006 amends State Finance Law §§ 8 and 163
- Attachment VII - ST220-TD & ST220-CA